Sunday, July 31, 2022

Experiementing with Caption Audio

When I participated in AudioMo 2022 I learned a lot. 

Sure, making an audiogram is increasingly easier than it has been in the past. But I didn't necessarily want to have a video that had nothing to do with the topic.



The audio is the means of communication. However, when posting audio on Twitter it forces the users to another screen or device.

On Twitter the video stays put. 

And for folks that can see the text in the video it communicates the same thing.

This works for folks that prefer sighted communication.

Folks that are learning English as a second language.

Users that cannot turn on audio but want the content.

Not 100% happy with it. I want to fill up the space which is not the point of the video.

The original format of the video is square 1:1 but YouTube is 16:9 aspect ratio.

Nothing I can do about it because posting video on Twitter is 1:1 and I don't really want to make three or more versions depending on the platform.


No comments:

Post a Comment