Thursday, September 23, 2004

Ride The Peace Train - Official Cat Stevens Site

Everybody I know is shaking their heads about this one. It makes no sense. Although it goes a long way to help me explain the concept of racial and ethicnic profiling. But to pick on Yusuf Islam a.k.a. Cat Stevens?

From waayyy back in the day this man was singing about love, peace and all related topics. His music helped raise me, they are in my soul - the quality of his songs. And the fact he was a damn good looking man.

Still ain't half bad now, but I digress. In his current incarnation he has set up a charity in the UK called Small Kindness. If supporting orphans and helping building housing is considered bad then we as a nation haven't much more credibility to lose, it is gone. Don't take my word for it - check out the official site:

http://www.yusufislam.org.uk/index.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment