Friday, September 02, 2016

The Flag May Be Grand But the Anthem Is Another Story

I've watched people grumble about having to stand up and sing the anthem. I've watched them talk non-stop as they ignore it being played. I've seem them stroke their phones, chow down on a dog and do all kinds of what-nots while that song is being played.


What So Proudly We Hail | DOCUMENTARY from Duane Saunders Jr on Vimeo.

This is a video that talks about the history of the lyrics, the Africans that fought and fought hard to be free and one man licking his wounds who got inspiration to craft some words on a piece of paper.

This past week I've have also seen so-called loyal to the bone American call a football player the N-word, the B-Word and all kinds of other words.

I've said it once and I'll say it again it is open season of the emancipation of the bigot.

There is so much American history that is not taught. Not expressed to those that need to make an informed decision about how far to take the promise of what America said it wanted to be.

The full lyrics of this song is a big ass lie and the person that wrote it was a slave master.

I have limited interest in being called names because, for multiple reasons, it gets harder to see my place in the American culture.

I can see my place in the time line of history. Basically the ancestors are telling us to hang on in their, it will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment