Friday, August 08, 2014

Waiting on The High Speed Train of the Future

An old school friend, Mike and I were talking about rail transportation. He likes to make videos about the trains he uses to commute to various cities. I like to watch them because I remember siting in those seats with the view of an industrial skyline.

It was a living metaphors of wanting to go somewhere. I was on trains all of the time.


Train videos connect me with my past and present time.

I hope that I will live to see hi-speed rail lines in California. I think it would be great for the environment and economy. It is a big state and no they will not carve it up into six islands of confusion.

They need to go buy an island and set up their Ayn Randian paradise.

Don't get me wrong, I like taking slow trains to San Diego. Those trips can mellow you out and drain the anger from you. But a two hour train to San Francisco could mean that I could go to a San Francisco event in the morning and make it home by night fall.

Very attractive. And probably not affordable but I like the idea of it. Maybe that is the point.

Having ideas. Having the vision to see what isn't and making it real.

Once upon a time a tricorder, a computer and scanners were the stuff of 1960's television shows.

I own computers, tablets and a smartphone,

I wish people would get busy and create the future while I still have time to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment