Friday, March 19, 2010

Original Sin on the Finally Friday Freakout

I miss Music television. I miss the days when you could see little operettas of pop and rock songs. Dancers had work and got to keep most of their clothes on. Sometimes the music videos were a little too high concept or were attached to a project that just didn't work out.

In 1994 there was a movie version of The Shadow. I did go see the movie when it came out. I don't think it was a box office success in the way that Hollywood wanted it to be.

Wait, let me check. According to IMDB it cost $40 million to make and raked in $32,055,248 in U.S. movies sales. Oooby-dooby.



So in the U.S. they lost money but they made it back internationally and through ancillary sales channels, i.e. cable and DVD rentals.

Well, I liked it. Yeah it had issues. Come to think of it there were questions of continuity but it wasn't a stinker.

This is Taylor Dayne singing the theme song from the movie. Taylor helped me get through a night or two in the Salt Mine of days gone by, not to mention a broken heart or two. The name of the song is Original Sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment