Saturday, January 17, 2009

Janis Joplin on the Finally Friday Freakout

Yeah, I know. Some days are longer than others. I'm waiting for something and I don't know what it is I am waiting for. I was talking to someone yesterday. Really talking, not surface bullshit and it had been a while since I've been able to do that.

Many people want to be talked to but in reality they want someone to listen to their stuff and not be open to what you have to say or the questions you may ask. That is okay. Sometimes it is necessary to be heard without judgment or editorial comment. In a demented sort of way that I don't really mean I wish we could communicate like Janice did on stage. This is Take Another Piece of My Heart.



I learned how not to be a raw as Janis Joplin. Meaning you can't give it up every time somebody wants something from you. You will become depleted if you do and then you try to fill up on smoke and piles of pills. To be clear I don't smoke and drugs don't do it for me. It is not people or shoes or...

But that is not to say that I haven't felt like putting it all out there and the world be damn. That is what I liked about Janice's performances. She could be chemically high, and probably, was but the girl aimed for the rafters with her voice. This is Try from the Woodstock Festival.





It isn't about change. It is about transformation and that is a whole lot harder to do. I hope we make it. I hope I make it. I am waiting for something. I hope it gets here soon otherwise I'm gonna have to start looking for it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment