Friday, November 02, 2007

Another Reason to Learn to Drive - Day 2

I'm on the bus. I'm always on the bus. Anyway this older lady gets on. She has a crumpled dollar. Crumpled dollars do not work well with modern fare collection boxes. It won't take. Sometimes in life you have a crumpled dollar and you got to work with what you have.

The driver is giving her a hard time. "You should not have crumpled it up. It should have been smooth before you got on the bus. You're making me late."

Cheeze...can you make her feel any worse about not getting the freaking dollar into the fare box?

Well, yeah he can. I can stand no more of his (non) encouragement. I look in my wallet, I have a smooth dollar. I trade dollars with her.

That should have been the end of it.

It wasn't. But it works out. I don't think she understood what he was saying anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment