Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Connections Between Us and Burma

After work I took a walk. I was near Fuller Theological and I saw this stencil:

FreeBurma

I saw it from a distance without my glasses and I thought that it was a group of women leading somewhere. As I got closer I could read the writing at the bottom, and one of the monks looks like she/he has been assaulted.

And the connection is that when the forces of power try to suppress peaceful action the world will know. And good people we stand and pray or affirm right action.

Take a moment to send positive thoughts, prayers or whatever your belief system will allow for the safety of the people of Burma.

October 7, 2007

I didn't know about Free Burma day on the Internet. I just wanted to express solidarity with spiritual people standing up to a hostile force.


Free Burma!

Apparently so do a bunch of other people. It was International Bloggers' Day for Burma on October 4, 2007. I do know that with each step you move closer to the goal. It has been a long journey for Burma and they have miles to go before they can rest.

Amnesty International
has information and action page to get you up to speed.

The Burma Digest blog has video of those citizens protesting in Rangoon. There are also photos of folks that have been beat, shot, maimed or killed trying to express their rights of free speech.

What are steps are you hesitating on taking to positively move your part of the world forward?

Change is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment