Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Things You Can See In L.A. If You Look

The local weather folks told us that Saturday night was going to be bad so there was a mad dash to stock up on the non-essentials. Me, I bought a drill. I've always wanted one and if I'm going to be stuck at home I might as well be productive.

Truth is, I'm scared to use it. But I have my goggles and screws and a closet that needs help. Anyway I trudge my groceries and my drill up the block and I see it, snow. On the mountain.

LASnowMoutain

Where it belongs, far, far away from me. I don't want to shovel anything. But is is pretty. It was 60 degrees where I was standing. Sunny. Not a drop in sight. That came later and early Sunday morning.

Folks had cabin fever so people were rushing to get things done. There wasn't time to look up to see what I saw. One of those smell the roses moments. This is for them.

Oh, and one more thing. Hydroplaning is bad. If you are driving in the rain slow the f**k down because my local fire department has been working triple time peeling out dingbats out of their cars.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice pic. I agree with you about having to stop and smell the roses.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Gena, just to say that in Europe we watch with great attention what happens in the American blogosphere in this year of presidential election.

    that's why I've given you a link in my blogroll among those I reckon are the 50 finest American bloggers - visit me and see if you want to reciprocate the link.

    ciao and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete