Anyway, I'm giving you the head's up about ArtNight Pasadena where you can visit some of the artistic and cultural goodies for free. Not only that but you get the opportunity to fill your soul with some of the cultural richness that Pasadena has to offer.
Here is the deal, you find your way to Pasadena; ideally by MTA but I do understand the reality of traveling on buses at night. Ick So carpool if you can. Aim toward one of the following locations, visit it then then hop on one of the free art shuttle buses that will take you to various locations.
Or, you can hook up with fellow C.I.C.L.E bicycle folks and join the rolling tour. The meet-up for the C.I.C.L.E gang is in One Colorado Courtyard in Old Town behind the Patagonia store.
- Art Center College of Design
- Pasadena Museum of History
- An installation and performances at One Colorado in Old Town
- The Armory locations at North Raymond and Fair Oaks
- Light Bringer Project on South Raymond
- Pasadena Symphony
- Pasadena Jazz
- Pasadena Public Library where there will be a bunch of dancing, graphic novels and music
- Pasadena Museum of California Art
- Pasadena Playhouse
- Pasadena Conservatory of Music - with a "Body Percussion" concert
- and Pasadena City College sharing The Soldier's Skin where you can take home a poster of a memorial tattoos from US Marines.
And it is free, no charge as in no cost to you. Be cool and frugal.
As an added insentive there are a couple of new Italian ice creme and yogurt places in Old Town that you need to introduce to your mouth. Serious flavor explosions.