Saturday, July 21, 2007

Fireplug in Los Angeles - Lumiere Video

I had stopped by to check out Andreas and his new project over at Lumiere Videos. I like the idea of playing with constraints with video. But my life is going full tilt so I didn't think I'd get an opportunity to contribute.



Windows Video

QuickTime Video

Here Are The Rules:
  • 60 seconds max.
  • Fixed camera
  • No audio
  • No zoom
  • No edit
  • No effects
It just so happened that I was walking down the street in Los Angeles. Cars were coming every which way. I was thinking 101 thoughts when I almost saw it but walked past it. Something caught my attention and I knew I had my moment.

It felt right. I turned around and started my camcorder.

There is the contradictions of waste and plenty. The cement and the will of plants to break the cement. Isolation in the middle of a busy Saturday afternoon. And in a strange way, a bit of hope. I hope that I continue to learn to slow down and look at my environment.

7/22/07 - I goofed up and forgot to strip the audio the first time. Not good at the rules thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment