Sunday, August 13, 2006

Frame Fatale - Open Studio Tour 2006

This is my continuing effort to help document artists in the Los Angeles area. Frame Fatale was very kind to let me walk in and record the following interviews with the curators/artists. For more info on these talented folks visit http://www.framefatale.com


This is the 4.85MB Windows Version


This is a 12.6MB QuickTime version.

Vlog Stuff & Real Life

There is much creative flow in Los Angeles. I can't keep up with it. There is the downside side of vlogging which is I have to stay home and work on the tapes.

But if I do that then I miss out on the new stuff that can go into the backlog and then I feel really rotten. Sort of like the living pile of laundry. It has to be dealt with or there are repercussions.

Psst, buying new clothes is not a good solution. But there is another reason why I have been taking breaks. I'm burnt. I love doing this but I need to put more balance in the life flow.

See, I could do this 24/7 but that is not my reality. I have a job. I have school coming up. I need time away from the computer just as much as I need time near it. The balance thing. Breathing. Stretching body parts. Very important.

I also need to understand that I put way too much pressure on myself. I wish I could shoot and upload. I want to edit. I want to shoot more video. All of that takes time. I ain't got time. Well, I do but it comes back to the balance thing again.

So boys and girls the word for today is balance. I do what I can, when I can. I will not be so judgmental about the final piece. I am still learning how to do this and I'm just getting warmed up. I'll crib from "The Writer's Almanac" and ofter the following: "Be well, Do good work. Keep in touch".

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she had some pretty extreme pictures! Thanks for posting this...I have never been to the west coast of America...

    ReplyDelete