Sunday, May 14, 2006

Man, Myths and Some Toys

I've know this guy for a while. We grew up in the same city, we watched the same TV Sci-Fi, read the same comic books, grazed in the bookshops where they use to tear the covers off and you could buy a $4 magazine for fifty cents.

It was a place and time where it was important to know who the Red Skull was, where to find copies of the X-Men and Avengers and the importance of not taking "Pudge, Girl Blimp" too seriously.

Click The Photo or This Link To View QuickTime Version

Click This Link For Windows Version

Okay, I might be wrong on that one - but he'd know who Vaughn Bode is. Anyway, The man has got stuff. Not money stuff but the stuff that matters. Yeah, yeah he's got a wife and kids has the acceptable number of friends, co-workers and fellow gym rats to talk to.

I'm talking the essential stuff. He's got Star Trek action figures, Babylon 5 Vorlons, Marvel toys. He has figures based on comics, movies, tv shows and a few things I don't know where in the world he came in contact with them. From the looks of the Clive Barker and Todd McFarlaine bounty, I'm not sure I want to know. They are just spooky. Detailed and spooky.

I feel a little responsible cuz I think I encouraged him to check out e-Bay. Now I'm surrounded by various incarnations of Reed Richards and the Incredible Hulk. So one day I whipped out old faithful and asked him the question, “Why does he do it?”

1 comment:

  1. That's a cool video, and a neat collection! I Googled Evan's name because I saw it in a letter column that appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #91 (cover date Dec 1970). I've been Googling some of these names and almost always find that the person is still somehow involved with comics, sometimes from a fannish perspective (as Evan appears to be), but surprisingly often the letter writers later become comic writers and artists.

    Just thought I'd let you know how I found you!

    ReplyDelete