Saturday, November 23, 2013

Memory, Haiku Deck and Being the Rabbit

If I can get my fanny in gear I'm about to participate in a worldwide viewing event. Means nothing to those not invested but a Whovian gotta do what she has got to do. I also have to study, do household tasks and be in three places at the same time.

Some days I feel like Alice's rabbit. So I'll read as I ride. I'll check out the doings and beings who are tapping into memory and connections.

In the past museums and libraries were the gathering places that allowed people to connect to histories and cultures. It was a restrictive and curated experience. That can be a good or bad thing.

It could be argued that there needs to be a filtering process to catalog the collection. There had to be because of space and content limitations.



Created with Haiku Deck

One of the ways it was bad was that cultures and populations of people, skills, education and experiences were ignored or devalued.

What I am excited about is that more people or those that have access can tell their stories by all kinds of applications and tools. Some are complex and some are simple. The presentation software above is called Haiku Deck. It is an iPad app and they are accepting Beta invites for the web app.

I kinda like the fact that it is simple to set up a presentation. You don't have to go hunting for legal images. They got 35 million of them. And of course you can use your own.

Use what you got but tell the tale. And yes, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.

No comments:

Post a Comment