Saturday, March 05, 2011

Do You Want to Gather Bridge on March 8th?

March 8, 2011 is International Day of the Women. I can tell you this year has been kinda rough on women and girls and we are only in month 3. Various state and federal proposals to remove pre-school, funding for Planned Parenthood, de-funding PBS and NPR, criminalizing women who have miscarriages and on and on and on.

And that is trivial, so trivial when compared to unarmed women being shot while protesting in the Ivory Coast.

Yes, it is bad when unarmed men get shot too. Here is a thought; y'all can keep the guns and we melt down the bullets. You still can kill but you have to put some effort into it.



Anyway, this is a video about making a symbolic global meet up on a bridge in solidarity with women around the world. Google has a page about the 100th anniversary of International Women's Day Join Women on the Bridge.

I have a bridge near me. I'd be worried I would be the only one on it. Tuesday is a work day. If I do this I might have to develop instant influenza. Then again, that fear of heights thing is kicking in.

Hey, I'm not perfect. I am an earth based being that looks to the stars but is connected to the ground. A better solution might be to hang out at a bridge after work or something. I could find a land bridge. I'll add that to today's mission list.

I know somebody must be working on meeting a virtual bridge. Still, you gotta make time do stuff in the real world.

We are not cyborgs yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment