Friday, January 07, 2011

Om Shanti Om on the Finally Friday Freakout

I am not a Bollywood musical fan. I've seen clips of some films but a Bollywood musical film is a cultural specific art form. I am a fan of hot men dancing. This, my friends, transcends culture and speaks directly to my central nervous system.

The gentleman who is getting folks all hot and bothered is Shah Rukh Khan. He is an actor/producer with a worldwide fan base in the billions. I never heard of him until I stumbled into this clip.



This is a segment from the 2007 movie Om Shanti Om in which Mr. Khan is flipping that six pack. He is reminding all of us of the healing properties of water and dance.

The music isn't bad but truth be told that wasn't what I was most focusing on. It was the words in the captions. Honest. They really don't have much to do with the melody but they are kinda trippy.

I might have to re-evaluate my feelings about Bollywood films. I do appreciate half naked men. Singing, dancing or talking it works for me. They don't have to as sculpted as Mr. Khan but you gotta start somewhere.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment