Friday, December 24, 2010

This Is What I Want to Remember

On this day I have what I want and what I need. I try to remember that each and every day but there are some days and weeks that make me want to separate myself from everyone.

I get lost in the woulda, coulda and the pernicious shouldas that I forget that there is beauty around us.

Light Through the Clouds
I have proof. I was in a room of people talking and no one really saw what was occurring out the window. I almost missed it because I was scarfing down lunch but my eyes shifted and I saw the light burst through.

I could curse myself that I didn't have a better camera to take the photo but that is not the point. The point is that even in the darkest hour there is beauty in the smallest things.

There is a spot of peace in the middle of turbulence and it might take a shift in perception to see it. A willing shift in perception. But if it happens by accident that is cool too.

It is a reminder to be kind to ourselves and to each other. It is a bit of natural wonder to be respected. It could be my emotional overlay telling me not to curse the bad times but to appreciate the good times more.

You bring to it what you will.

Deep breaths, healing thoughts and best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment