Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Being 52 - A TechnoRant Before Black Friday

In the caves of the Salt Mine there were strategy meetings on getting the goods. Techniques were reviewed such as scarfing down dinner and then stand in line until the 4 a.m. opening. Miner #56 wanted first dibs on the 40" television.

Miner #39 was thinking about how many targets she could hit in a two hour window. The desk was lined with ads. She was marking her positions on her phone to graphically see if she could get to point A, B and C in time for the designated specials.

Salt Chizzler #320 questioned the need for sleep but was concerned about the biological impulses and line etiquette.


I tried to offer the voice of reason. "You could shop on-line. It will be in the store the next day. Do you really need to shop; I mean what about the meaning of the day? You know, giving thanks, talking and sharing memories, being with loved ones?"

I looked each in the eye when I said "Why the bum rush to Christmas?"

They looked at me like I just sat on a whoopee cushion.

I know when I am licked. I had more things to say so this is a short video on three techno rants about cheap netbooks, e-book readers and cameras.

This is my day 24 video for National Videoblogging Posting Month aka #Vlomo10 on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment