Sunday, October 31, 2010

Warming Up for Vlomo10 or Am I Freaking Crazy?

On November 1, 2010 those that are in need of honoring the muse are gonna give it go for National Novel Writing Month. Those caffeinated jar heads are gunning for 50,000 words of literary adequacy.

It doesn't have to be a great novel. Just a novel. So you can say with pride and conviction, "Yes, I have written a novel."

National Novel Writing Month
For web video folks we pay tribute to the spirit of the challenge and go them one better by trying to produce 30 days of video. National Videoblogger Posting Month has been invoked and I gotta try to answer the call.

Okay, others can do the 30 days. I think I might have done all thirty days. Once.

I think.

I have been pondering what the heck can I do? Any spare poetry videos will certainly be conscripted to the cause. That will get me about five days or so.

Here is what I want to do. There has been a lot of female body bashing lately. If folks ain't stomping on a head or two then there are attacks about the female body imperfect, i.e. those of us that are soft, round and ample.

Hips don't lie but at Marie Clare magazine people with hips like mine seem to provoke loathing. The kind of loathing I usually reserved for slimy overcooked Okra.

I get the itch just thinking about it.

I'm not linking to the article because at this point I do believe they are working the link bait side of the street. Personally, I think it is straight up booty-hate, booty envy and booty mis-education.

In 52 years I have collected a booty full of experiences. There are other 52 year old women but many of them won't admit it. I'm taking a risk as well. I'm about to loose a few folks because I am "this old."

A half century plus two.

So I'm thinking that I should represent the eclectic 52 year old woman with access to a video camera. What I could do is try to do is find examples of what it was like then and now. Or tell you. Or show and tell.

Not sure how this is going to work out or even it I can do it. I'm not even sure I should do it because this would require me to put prior mentioned ample derriere on the line.

Being visible is tough but being a visible older women is even tougher.

The answer is yes. I am freaking crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment