Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Squirrel Story or Just Do It

I turn the corner and walk down the block. Actually while my legs were moving I'm was thinking of what I have to do to be worthy of drawing continued breaths. The laundry, the kitchen, updating software on the computer, research, edit video, plan, dream, exercise, blah, blah and blah.

My eyes glance down at the ground for a moment. A squirrel is walking up the block with either a kid's ball in it's mouth or an orange. I'm leaning toward orange because there are orange trees on the block.

This sphere is 3x the size of the squirrel's head. He/she can't see where she is going but the destination was a tree. The fuzzy one scampers up the tree with the object firmly in the teeth.

I loose sight of the squirrel. I can't remember what I was thinking about on account that squirrel was making me feel like a slacker.

I went home and took a nap. I needed one. Later, I did a little bit of everything and it was good enough.

Will the lesson hold? Probably not.

But I have to tell you I see squirrels all over the place. Makes it kinda hard to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment