Friday, May 28, 2010

Been A Long Day on the Finally Friday Freakout

Normally it would be a long day at Amalgamated Salt Mine and Manufacturing but I have the day off. Normally I don't take time off so I can bank up vacation. This year I needed down time in a profound way.

Having only Monday off was not going to cut it.


You know that long list of things you swear you are going to do over a holiday weekend and never do? Yep. I'm not doing them. I am just being. The woulda, coulda, shouldas can really hurt you if you let them.

I have Yoda on my desk to remind me of "Do or do not. There is no try."

Yes, I have a lot of stuff on my desk. There are bills to be paid and receipts to file and ideas to flesh out. At the end of the day only what has been completed can be judged.

This is a scene from How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Maybe this does work for business but for everything else, just do it.

No product endorsement intended.


1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for just deciding to be and go where the wind blows you! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete