Saturday, April 03, 2010

Learning About the Information Gap From Jeff Monday

I discovered a new to me web site called Monday Dots. The subtitle of Jeff Monday's site is modeling complexity with dots. I should have turned tailed and run but no.

I moused around a bit and viewed this video:

mind the information gap from jeff monday on Vimeo.



I can't stop thinking about how we do this; how we increase the size and the difficulty of learning and communicating to each other. Why do we continue to do the things we do? Why do we look at a changing world the same old way?

Why is dogma more important than collectively solving a problem? When I say we I do mean me. I just remembered something I did on Friday that was retro-communicative to another person.

You know what is scary? I'm not going to learn everything I intended as a kid. I did want to learn everything. I might have to re-think that goal.

In the meantime, how do I incorporate this concept into my current knowledge bank? In communicating or involuntary teaching opportunities?

And for those of us that are polygons (you gotta watch the video) does this mean a lifetime of extra sensitivity to the others who are preconditioned to be fearful of the different?

Time to flip the switch and read pulp tech. I've gotta sleep on this one.

1 comment:

  1. Figuring out how to create the medium information gap will be very interesting for me.
    Thank you for expanding my thinking.
    You always (nearly) blow my mind.

    ReplyDelete