Monday, March 08, 2010

Stepping Away From the Stupid People

I don't know about you but it does seem that the stupid, the half-thinking all talking segment of the population has taken command of the public spotlight.

I'm not against a little focus on human stupidity because it can keep you from doing something equally as stupid. But stupid is being raised up as an art form or a way of life.

I should define the level of stupid I'm referring to:
  • stupid - lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity
  • stupidity - a poor ability to understand or to profit from experience
Noooo! We can't afford to continue being stupid. We have to stoke those embers 0f critical thinking skills and behaviors. For the sake of humanity. We can do better than this muck we have been swimming in. Each one teach one.

I have an idea. We can plant more seeds of non-stupidity. We can demonstrate to the borderline folks that there is a better way. The bone stupid people we don't have to worry about; they will keep doing the same thing for the same result.

Some people are stupid but they are consistent. Still others are consistently stupid. They won't read posts like the ones I'm working on. Too much effort.

Me? I can be stupid. I have been stupid. But I'm not as stupid as I use to be. I gave it up. It doesn't pay very well, the people are dicey to be around and I have better things to do with my time than to continue to wallow and moan about what I can't change.

There is so much more that I can do, think and become. We are to ascend in spirit, not decend into myopic selfishness.

Anyway, for the next couple of posts I'm going to focus on finding resources, options, information sources and good ideas that the non-stupid folks can add to their personal internal survival kit or pass it on to someone else who can benefit.

Many of the ideas will be free, inexpensive or just a link to someone who is working on changing their section of the world. Some of the ideas will have a cost associated with them but might pay long term dividend of knowledge down the line.

Not every day but maybe twice a week in March 2010. Oh, and I gotta kick in women history stuff too.

Anything else?

Yes. I will try not to use the word stupid anymore. Need to switch over to positive affirmation mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment