Sunday, March 07, 2010

Rain, Rain and Nothing But Rain

Mr. Ron Banks of The Dramatics has made his transition. Blessings to his spirit and his family. In tribute this is a version of a song the group recorded called, In The Rain.



I got soaking wet yesterday and I'm going to take another involuntary bath in a bit. I'm living in Soaksville. I have a philosophy about getting caught in a rainstorm and being soaked.

Here it is. There is nothing I can do about it. I accept it and hopefully it is the worse part of my day. This is because when I lived in colder places getting caught in a rain storm when it was 30 degrees meant that you were wet and cold.

So unpleasant. Wet is better when it is 70 degrees or above. There is also the Jeri-Curl factor. Never, ever get a Jeri-Curl. But if you do, and you shouldn't but if you do never ever get caught in a rainstorm.

Chemical blindness and jacked up hair = one hell of a day. At that point you do need to stand under a cloud burst to get that crap out of your eyes. That was my worst experience in a rainstorm and nothing, nothing can be worse than that. I'm good to go.

I'm going to head out and do what I have to do. I will try not to mutter too many obscenities. No chemicals in the hair and I am primed for accepting the realities of water falling from the sky.

All in all, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment