Friday, January 22, 2010

Walk With A Winner on the Finally Friday Freakout

For the record, this ain't about anything that might have happened in Boston politically this week. I very clear what that election was about; if you want keep saying that this man is the hope of the GOP go on and shout yourself ragged.

Cuz I looked at that chunk of hope in a cosmopolitan kinda way. I am not deceived. The fact that the Supreme Court cleared the way for full corporate funding of political campaigns is just freaking nuts.

Perhaps those in Boston saw an opportunity to send a message. Or maybe it was the first crack of an amplified lash. All I know is appearances can be deceiving. If you voted style over substance you will live with the consequences. They will come much sooner than you think.

On to more soothing matters. I was just a wee lass when Shindig and Hulabaloo was on the telly. I missed a lot of good folks and this is an example of two of them. Gene McDaniels and Dee Dee Warwick.



I knew of Dee Dee from her classic Foolish Fool but I never go to hear Mr. McDaniels that I know of so there is no time like the present.

Ok, yeah I'm upset about the Supreme Court thing. Seriously don't y'all get it? I'm just discusticated with this country right now. I think I'm going to continue to soak up podcasts to remind me that there are creative people in the world willing to see beyond their or other people's Full Monty.

No comments:

Post a Comment