Saturday, November 07, 2009

Confession of A Spokesjerk for the Insurance Industry

Yeah. Ok. It is not like I didn't know. I knew the health care disinformation campaign started years ago. I don't generally hold rank and file actors accountable for taking jobs that pays cash money.

Because if you think every actor who has done a commercial for Mr. Clean or Tide actually knew how to use that product then there still might be some part of the Brooklyn Bridge for sale.



I'm trying to pace myself for the final versions of the health care bill because I know they will be pork fat and trapdoors embedded so that the insurance industry makes money no matter what.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't give a rat's ass for health insurance reform. It is almost impossible with the vested interest collecting IOUs in Congress. Check out this bit of commentary from Senator Packer.

I want health care reform and access. Single payer for me. I'll tolerate a public plan but I don't think it is the way to go.

For the record, smokers are not evil. These are people who enjoy smoking or have an addiction to tobacco. The activities of a person who smokes can require higher future medical costs.

I don't necessarily want to be around a person who smokes because it irritates my lungs and stinks up my clothes. It does not necessarily make that person evil. Unless they blow that damn smoke in my direction.

To equate smokers with women is just barrel scraping thinking. I am a woman. I am not evil because I am genetically different from a man. I require different types of health care services.

Don't hate the Fallopian tubes baby.

Being a woman should not constitute a pre-existing medical condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment