Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mathematical Pi on the Halloween Freakout

Now sure I could post some of the usual suspects for the start of the consumption season. But I'm not one to always go down the well worn path. So today, in honor of the moon, moon pies, cherry pies, and especially chocolate coconut cream pies I thought a little appreciation should be shown to the smallest pi of them all 3.14 and a bunch of digits.



After all, you can't have much of anything without a circle, no matter what the square boys say. For those of you who are traditionalists, I don't want to leave you hanging so...



Now I know number and math phobias are not what Halloween is about but go with the bit and enjoy a bit of cultural mash-up that ain't natural but it is enlightening.

2 comments:

  1. It's always great to include a little learning. Think I'll send this to my son, who likes math way more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way to teach. My son loves pie so he would be interested in learning about Pi this way!

    ReplyDelete