Friday, February 06, 2009

Ain' No Sunshine on the Finally Friday Freakout

On this day lawd didn't it rain. Big gully whoppers not seen in this parts for quite a while. There was a break in the storm between 2:30pm and 4:00pm but soon after the Angels of Los Angeles got to sobbing something fierce.

I've been there. Some days are like that. Got friends going through stuff and tears are rolling down in sorrow because there is nothing you can do to change the situation, only how you think about it. Which is too far ahead because the pain is still there on the other side of your eyes. Hearts are breaking for all kinds of reasons, sometimes it is life that gets in the way. All you can do it cry.



So I needed a rain, love, pain song. Close as I could get was Mr. Bill Wither and Ain't No Sunshine.

People around here will say "We need the water." We honestly do, especially in the summertime. We know we need it but there are people out there driving so fast they are hydroplaning their way to the Moon. I am affirming my blessings that I am inside and not getting splashed by aquatic idiots.

Later on I'm gonna snuggle with a good book or maybe a story podcast and just be warm under the covers. I have all I need for this day and I got the night covered too.

Behold, it is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment