Friday, January 09, 2009

I'm Only Human on The Finally Friday Freakout

I felt human all this week. It was a crappy week. I am very glad this week is almost over. No, I did not cheat on my mate. For one thing, you have to have a mate to cheat on in the first place.

Second, you have to expend effort to find the person you are gonna cheat with and somehow that strikes me as being bone greedy. If I got a good 98.6 warming up in the bed why do I need to shop around and split my energy? Now if things are not working out then words would have to be exchanged and a relocation project started; but that is another story.

Third, you have to also perform all sorts of moral and practical calculations to convince yourself that it is the right thing to do. It is not, let The Human League break it down for you.




Then again, if the dude was wearing as much make-up as this chap is I'm not so sure I'd fault him for giving into his nature as I would rip him a new one for stealing my lipstick. Dude, my lash curler too?

At the end of a tough week all I can tell you is one, recalled your gratitudes, find your tunes or surround yourself with your books. Or whatever sustains you spirit. It will get better. For the time being I'm going with one foot in front of the other. And slow deep breathing. And forgiveness for not being perfect. And this too shall pass

2 comments:

  1. Oh Gena the days of understanding your neighbor and family are gone..however loving music may still have hope.

    Dorothy from gammology
    grammology.com

    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, can't quite agree. If you make an effort it is possible. I don't think you should keep doing it if it is like hitting your head against a stone wall but we have to begin somewhere. Moving forward a millimeter at a time.

    Yes, music therapy when it gets rough, cheaper than popping a pill and one way to clear the internal gremlins.

    Keep the faith kid.

    ReplyDelete