Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PBS NewsHour Online Poetry Series

Those PBS NewHour rascals have been holding out on me. Yes, I know they are a news program. And the election is fueling everybody's jets. Not to mention fiscal meltdowns left and right. I did not know they had a poetry video series on the web.

Er...it might also have something to do with I really don't watch regular TV, I've even cut back on PBS. I have my reason that have nothing to do with politics.

But they are the ones that had poet Robert Pinsky on for a while. I do like hearing men read poetry. I like them dancing, and singing and a bunch of other stuff too. I think there is a word for that.

PBS Online Web Poetry Video Series

Anyway I was going to check something else out and they got a whole flipping section of web only videos of poets.

This is or was funded by the Poetry Foundation and a few other corporations. I doubt that there will be any new videos created. They seemed to have stopped in July. With many of the Corporate funders going belly up times are gonna be even tighter.

Golly how many Doo Wop or Celtic performances videos can a body stand to be exposed to anyway?

Now if the would let the Doo Woppers and the Celtic performers get together and create a musical experiment this could go someplace. Or not.

I got a go through these videos. This may cause my additional delay in standard television viewing. I got a lot of catching up to do. I gotta find that digital voucher card.

Personally, I think there should be some kind of center point for poetry, poets and video poems - however you define it and don't know why it taking so long to kick into gear. I'll put it on the bucket list but I'm gonna have to start volume 2 at this rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment