Sunday, January 13, 2008

Trash & Text In Art - Armory Center for the Arts

There are days you get the feeling that you are missing something and you should not go home. I have been going home a lot lately so I had more than enough cabin fever to propel me on a walk around the back streets of Pasadena.

The front streets are filled with stores and restaurants that come and go so quickly in an upscale downscale sort of way. My wallet is too narrow of funds and my hips are too wide to shop in any of them. The back alleys and streets are where you find the great places to eat and window shop.



It is also the beginning of the disconnection zone. I'll explain that someday.

In the meantime, for the my Semenal contribution of the week, and this week had eight days not seven; this is a mash-up of my visit to two exhibits at the Amory Center for the Arts. One is what H.S. students managed to do with converting trash to art and the other is an exhibit that focuses on using word and written text incorporated into the art pieces.

For more information on what is going on at the Amory Center for the Arts please visit (and if you are in the area go visit - most of the time it is free) http://www.armoryarts.org

Technorati Tags


Semanal08week2

No comments:

Post a Comment