Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Majora Carter Speaking About Environmental Justice

I've been waiting for this woman yet I did not know her name. You can't talk about environmental issues without involving people of color. You can't talk about living a green urban lifestyle if your neighbors down the road are exposed to toxins and lack of health treatment alternatives.

And you damn sure can't continue to export jobs overseas, import labor and expect the existing communities not to react in anger and escalating violence. We need to talk on many different levels. In the meantime, listen to Majora Carter in a July 2006 presentation given at the TED conference.



I want to give a shout out to Wildform.com. They sell multimedia software presentation products. I receive an e-newsletter about the software. In the current edition they had this link to Majora Carter speaking at TED.

They did not have to do this; it adds nothing to the immediate bottom line. But will I forget where I found the link to Majora's video at TED? Nope. Did I look at their line of products. Yes.

Will I give them fair consideration the next time someone ask me about presentation software? ;-}

Check out Majora's speech. It is about 20 minutes long. For those who want to know more visit http://www.ssbx.org/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment