Sunday, April 01, 2007

VADA Lamps - Videoblogging Day 1

This is Day 1 of Videoblogging Week 2007. Defining videoblogging is like defining a library. There are common elements but each book is different. Fanny Hill next to the Laws of Thermal Dynamics. Fannie Farmer next to Niche. Video is the common denominator but each person brings a new message or way of seeing things.





Sometimes I get locked into the gadgets and the software but at the heart of my vlogging experience is sharing stories and experiences outside of myself, when possible.

I was feeling depressed and I had cabin fever. So I set out to see something that I hadn't seen before. I had a simple digital camera and this is the result. It is a quick look at a lamps designed by senior students at the Pasadena Visual Arts and Design Academy at the Armory Center for the Arts in Pasadena, CA.




Videoblogging does not have to be high tech or expensive. I used a program called Windows Photo Story 3 to assemble the photos, animate them and added music. I then saved it in the Windows video format and used another program, Ashampoo Movie Shrink, to create the QuickTime video version. I got it free from one of my computer magazine discs.

For Mac folks you have iMovie that can do the same thing. Keep it simple, small steps is still motion. If you want to track down more info on video blogging week 2007 visit http://videobloggingweek2007.blogspot.com

Don't let a lack of a camcorder keep you for documenting your world. What we know is slipping away fast. Get out the house. Take the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment