Sunday, February 11, 2007

Musings at the Laundry Mat of Live - Pre Wash

I was at trying to write this idea that has been banging in my head. A guy I know comes up to me and asks what am I writing.

I tell him I'm trying to write about love and sex for a blog post. He pauses, smiles and then says " I didn't think you wrote about stuff like that."

He didn't mean it the way it sounds. Around the break table we talk of politics, the lack of mass transit alternatives, technology, current events and almost anything else. So when he made that comment it was like "you are breaking my pre-conceived notions of who I thought you were."

This is a good thing. So I'm sitting in the laundry mat and the past week has been a dilly for women:
  • Driving a 1,000 miles to hurt another woman because of a man.
  • A woman miscarries because the police officers refuses to take her to the hospital.
  • A rape victim arrested and denied emergency contraception medication by a contract nurse who may or may not have been acting on her religious beliefs.
  • A woman who was going to have gastric bypass surgery and didn't want to lose her boyfriend so she made a deal with her 15 year old daughter to have sex with said boyfriend for perks like dying her hair.
  • And on so many levels Anna Nicole Smith and the media vultures picking on the still warm bones.
In my head I keep questioning is it education, lack of self-knowledge, parenting skills? What do we need to tell to the group mind that would keep women safer than the poor souls that made the news and the million more stories that are never spoken.

And who am I to offer anything to the conversation? Only hard won personal information and a near lethal dose of curiosity. Am I gonna write about this all the time? Nope. This will get mixed in with the other stuff. There are other bloggers who do a wonder job about writing about sex issues. I'm going to refer you to them.

I wanted to set up an anchor point for future posts. This is the "why am I doing this?"

There is a risk here. Because if I hit the right nerve I could increase my troll level a hundredfold. Or lose a job because a potential employer will read this posts and make a decision that may or may not be true.

But there is something that will not leave me alone about this so I might as well go forth. So here is the deal. For the next couple of posts I want to present information about primarily straight but open to the possible options about self love, self pleasuring and web based resources that straight women and interested others could visit.

There will be some video, not as much as I hoped unless I can convince people to come out on this limb with me. But I will have links to credible sources and I'll do my best not to lead anybody into a spam farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment