Tuesday, December 05, 2006

John Edwards - Vromans at All Saints Church

Too little sleep, not enough time and I have to go to work. I did want to post this so view it and if you want tell me what you think about what he said. I'm not going to say too much about the video cuz there is good stuff folks need to hear without embellishment.

Judge for yourself the validity of his statements.




Okay, I'm back from the salt mines. Yeah, it was a full day yesterday. Full moon and open trouble. I was up to my belly button in metaphorical lemonade. When I got to All Saints Church and stepped into the speaking area the joint was packed.

Only place to get a good view was along the back. There were wood panels of various heights. I found a five foot 1 and 3/4 friendly section that I just managed to plant myself cuz spots were filling up.

There was an announcement that only the event photographer could shoot pictures of the Senator. No cell phone, digicam or other recording devices were allowed.

Now I had lugged my tripod and braved coming into Pasadena during rush hour so I could record him talking. I didn't want a photo of me and him. Not in the pants that I was wearing anyway. I already had one person asked me to cut a DVD of him talking and others were curious about him.

I doubt if this "restriction" came from Edwards. It could have been a means of crowd control from Vromans or the Church. It is understandable. You don't want a lot of yahoos flinging their cell phones in his face as he tries to talk.

But I was not happy. I didn't want to get kicked out either so I turned my camera into a tape recorder and was gonna podcast. Might still do that.

Anyway, He gets to talking. I notice that KTLA-TV has a camera up and running. There are more people that just the event photographer with high priced cameras. Old faithful is still in the bag recording sound. I'm sick to my heart. He had some good stuff to say.

Then, one by one I see clamshell phones open and close. I'm going from sick to catching envy fever. This is technological injustice at its highest form! Then the regular digicams started coming out and folks were taking their shots. I, like a big A dope still respecting the rules that were stated five or more times.

The straw that broke the camels back? The Rector himself whipped out his cell phone on the dais and snap a few of John Edward. I said "Damn!" (in my head, of course. No reflection on the Rector.)

I'm figure I'll pull it out and see what happens.

Mr. Edwards is partial to folks in the blog land and if I had filled out a form on his site I could have had an invitation from him and his peeps to shoot the video. I would not have don't that but it is nice to be thought.

If you would like to find out more about John Edwards, his book or his activities that seem a lot like a testing of the waters for 2008 you can visit http://oneamericacommittee.com

Technorati Tags:





No comments:

Post a Comment