Saturday, August 12, 2006

Milblogging.com

Liberal does not mean being willfully closed minded about other points of view. I believe in freedom of thought, speech and ideas. I can't advocate for Josh Wolf, Women Bloggers and all forms of literacy if I do not also share what I learn about Military Bloggers.

It seems to be a collection site of military blogs and bloggers. It also is an opportunity to find out what these folks think, feel and respond to from their point of view. With the inforced separation of ideas in this country make it harder for me to find authentic voices speaking about any issues.

Some of these folks blogs are to the right, far right or Christian right. Some are not. I don't know what the process is for inclusion or exclusion or even if there is a process.

I'm sure there are a few dis-information planted blogs. I am equally sure there are real bloggers, some who are truly on the front lines giving their heart or their pain via their stories.

If you have the time, check it out. Be willing to hear and experience other voices. It is the only way we are going to work our way out of this mess we currently find ourselves involved.

Milblogging.com
This is a corporate owned site. The owners are Monster.com via Military.com.

In the interest of full disclosure, I blog on Blogger, a corporate owned site by Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment