Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's Rawhide - A Moment with Esau

This video was shot at the South Pasadena Thursday afternoon Farmer's Market and if you get the chance stop by. I was shooting video of the Gold Line poets and checking out the food action at the same time.




This is the Windows Video version

I was about to be seduced by a stick of roasted corn. I was heading for it like a cat about to pounce on a bird. I was walking toward it, knowing full well I can't eat it because it was slathered in butter and hot chili powder but reason was failing me. Pure food lust almost took over.

That is until I heard this guy singing. It was enough to break the spell. I'm saying to myself, “What the hell is that?” Not in a bad way but this man's music was different. I turned and this is what I saw.

Sometimes you have to pave your own road. Be your own booster. Sing you own song. I may not understand the words he is singing but I do know he is not working in a office doing the same thing day in and day out. He is not counting the minutes until quitting time nor is he in rush hour traffic cussing the radio over the distortion of news he heard today.

So if you are in South Pasadena at the Thursday afternoon Farmer's Market after you chomp on some roasted corn with lots of butter and chili powder pop a buck or two in the guitar case. Support your local artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment