Saturday, August 06, 2005

More Than Words – Cars

Ah, yes. Once upon a time, the city that I live in had an antique car show. I had my doubts about going. See, when this city puts on events you never know if it going to be successful. They might get the event right but forget to let people know that there is an event. Or advertise the event and don't have anything anybody wants to see.
RR at Car Show

I decided to give them another chance. This year they had a good cross section of cars including the Batmobile from the 1960s television show. It was hard to get a shot of it; people were going crazy trying to get a good cell phone picture.

I had to look inside and see the dashboard. Yep, batphone, bat shoot, after-burner, anti-theft device all present and accounted for.

Batmobile Dashboard

I'm not a car lover or hater so I see them more as pieces of a whole. That is how I shot the video.

1 comment:

  1. There is an antique car from the 1950s or 1960s at the Country Music Museum in Nashville, Tn.

    It had a couple thousand silver dollars decorating everything from the fenders to the steering wheel.

    The funny thing is that all the real silver dollars had been replaced by phony ones. Remember back around 1980 when any silver dollar was worth $25. That car didn't survive that. Glad to see the Batmobile is as sleek as ever.

    ReplyDelete