Sunday, June 20, 2004

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy I’ve Got Love In My Tummy – Dim Sum

I was walking through Chinatown taking pictures and trying to stay out of some of my old favorite food places. It was a foolish effort. I’d find myself walking in and gazing at shrimp wrapped in noodles, fried fish, stuff pig intestines, and pound after pound of ducks. I had to back away from the steam tables. The only thing I could have eaten was the Styrofoam box.

I kept walking. I always like to take the back streets and I came across another store. Like a moth to a flame I went in. Off to the side of the steam table there was a bakery section. They had Onion rolls and BBQ Buns. My god, I can eat these!

The BBQ bun was so good I forgot to remove the pastry paper that was stuck at the bottom. I was halfway into the Onion roll before I noticed. Good Dim Sum and Chinese pastry will do that to you.

To learn more about Dim Sum you can visit Cuisine Net and read a brief introduction to what Dim Sum (mostly steamed dumplings and noodles) the variety of great food available and additional links about Chinese food - http://www.cuisinenet.com/digest/region/china/dimsum_intro.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment