Thursday, May 27, 2004

Butterfly Blue – Jon Sherman

I was rushing to catch a bus. I had agreed to be an audience participant at The Dennis Miller Show. I was going to be a rented $15 paid warm clapping body. I had talked myself into it. But my spirit was fighting me the whole way.

I rush through the Farmer’s Market wishing I could pick up one of each vegetable and fruit. I get to the bus stop and notice that my fellow passengers are a lot more mellow than is normal without medication.

I hear soothing music. There is Jon, playing to the crowd of shoppers. Somebody walks up and buys a CD. I see solar panels. The solar panels are providing electricity for the microphone and other equipment. I had never seen a non-polluting electronic musician before.

The bus is late. I do not care. I’m snapping pictures and grooving to the tunes. By the time it comes, it is too late to make my next bus connection. No loss. I feel inspired. Who needs food and that other stuff? You can get more information about Jon Sherman's use of solar panels for music or to order Jon’s CD at

No comments:

Post a Comment