Monday, February 06, 2012

A Moment Inside of Old Navy

Old Navy has been good to me. It is one of the few stores that accommodates the back of my front. Once every other month I traps in and purchase from the clearance section. It is the least that I can do.

One day I was trying to decide between an electric green blouse or some stretchy pants when this young lady walked up to me and asked if I would take her Old Navy Gift card.

The woman was a 20 something. She was immaculately dressed. Hair, make up and contemporary cool clothing that did not come from Old Navy. I imagined this is a person that wakes up two hours early just to look arrange her equipment so that she can begin the process of being so crafted.

I said, "I'm a customer, not an employee."

She was a little pissed but kept the smile going.

"I know that, I got the card as a gift. I don't...I don't shop here." Here was pronounced as if she was trying to find a sweater in a cesspool.

I could tell, this woman read Vogue or something I flip through once every three years. She was in the devil's lair and she didn't like it.

"I don't understand what you..."

"Could you buy my card? It has $26 on it. We can go to the counter and verify that there is money on it."

I said, "No"

The immaculate one stomped away in a huff.

I will never be that artistically and fashion sculpted. I understand, A friend gave me a gift card for a tech store a few weeks ago and I had to work really hard to find something I could use.

Never occurred to me to asked some stranger in the store to buy my card.

I found out yesterday that in California if you have less than $10 on a card the store will give you the cash.

But you can't buy class.

Or fake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment