Monday, November 22, 2010

Poetry In Plain Sight - Elizabeth Yahn Williams

I have to put this out there. Most of the older women poets will not allow me to record them or their poems. I totally understand and respect that decision. I think it is a mistake.

People need to see and hear from our elder poets. Not just because they are "older" but because they offer a bridge to what was and what is in the here and now. Growing older is not a toxic condition no matter what the advertisers try to tell us.



Take your choice, grow older or cease to be? Then again in Elizabeth Yahn William's poem maybe there is a choice to come back like ___________. This is her poem entitled On Reincarnation: Or, Bury the Dead at Hallow's Eve.

For more information about Elizabeth or her writing partner Robert Thomas Lundy you can visit their web site at HitherAndYahn.com

This is my day 22 video for National Videoblogging Posting Month aka #Vlom10 on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment