From the Health Insurance For Artists website:
This workshop provides unbiased information to help you navigate the tangled web of our health insurance options. Topics include:
- How to compare benefit designs.
- Individual & family plans.
- Guaranteed-issue group plans for the self-employed.
- Association plans for artists.
- What you need to know about health insurance reform.
On the other hand I do know that artists shouldn't have to depend on the fundraiser skills of friends and well wishers to pay for emergency health care or long term health care needs.
There next session of the workshop is September 11, 2010 at the Armory Center for the Arts 145 North Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91103
Seems like you to have to RSVP at http://armory.eventbrite.com.