Friday, April 30, 2010

That's the Hell of It - The Finally Friday Freekout

There is too dang much stuff going on, I can't keep up with the amount of retro-stupidity and political power given to intellectually challenged people. Willfully and proudly the legislatures of Oklahoma and Arizona have provided the country with the WTF moments of the month.

I would be remiss to leave out the SEC Executive Poonastic Posse. Giving new meaning to the belief that it is good to have a government job. Might have to rename the sucker something like the Securities and Erection Commission.

The fellas certainly paid more attention to their ding-a-lings than to being attentive to people participating in the financial melt down of the country.



Anyway, I'm thinking that the people responsible for this crap will be on their way out or gone.

I am repeating that as affirming petition of hope. I give you Mr. Paul William singing a song that was in the closing credits of Phantom of the Paradise. This clip isn't from that movie but from the Brady Bunch Musical Variety Hour and the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Mysteries.

This is the trailer for the movie:



Yeah, I know. It just keeps getting freakier and we don't do drugs. Deep breaths, love good people (but not on the job ok?) and start saving vegitable seeds because we might be in for a civil disturbance or two.

3 comments:

  1. Well writ, my friend, and with an adequately light touch. Honestly, sometimes I stew so hard these days, I forget to be funny! Or even clever. Enjoying your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, well you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Or putting another dent in the desk..

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite lines from Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - "two tears in a bucket, mother-fuck-it." Works for me - keeps me appropriately laughing and shaking my head. Securities & Erection Commission - you nailed it. WTF - there are so many of these moments!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete