Friday, July 31, 2009

Weightless on the Finally Friday Freakout

Yes even on vacation I can freak out because I have to return to the Salt Mine on Monday. Sigh. But you can be freaked out by beauty, creativity and the unknown. I know nothing of Erika Janunger

I was researching a post and I saw this video.



It reminds me of the Fred Astair movie, Royal Wedding. It reminded me how much I miss seeing men dance, or women for that matter.

Yes, I know there are dance competition shows on television. That isn't what I mean. Not knocking it at all. Think of dance as poetry. Not enough poetry or dance in the world. Getting harder to seek and find.

It reminds me that we are care takers of creativity and we sample, add a bit of this and pass it on to the next person.

It reminds all of us how much we miss the arts, and how all of us have been funneled into a narrow view of what is and isn't in style, acceptable or creatively valid.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment