Friday, May 29, 2009

Vipity Vipity Vop on the Finally Friday Freakout

It was a long day, I was ready to call it a day at 6:43am. Twas not to be and I had to go through the whole thing. Considering the alternatives this is not a bad thing. This video clip is a jewel. I do not know anything about this woman but she was slicing the ivory like a Jedi Master. From the Rhythm and Blues Revue, this is Martha Davis & Spouse with Vipity Vipity Vop



I watched the whole review and learned about performers I never heard of and saw folks like Nipsy Russell and Mantan Moreland as young men. It seems like the performers were forced not to be themselves, except Martha, that girl whipped on those keys. I don't know how to explain it but it seemed that folks were on their best behavior instead of feeling comfortable in showing their authentic performance style.

Then again, it could be me. Probably is me. Anyway dig the video and I'll catch you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment