Sunday, November 23, 2008

VloMo08 - Day 19 Cheese on Ubuntu Remix

This is a short clip of Cheese, and some of the features of the program. The truce is holding so far with my Toshi running Vista. It let me install Ulead VideoStudio Pro and I was able to edit a video with a larger file size than I like.




I need to see this through. I'm kind fixated on finishing. There are reasons.

I will say that some of the programs are loading faster than in XP with less memory. Still can only open no more than 3 at a time. I have to tilt the laptop keyboard to type and the cursor goes where it wants or I'm hitting an ancient key combination.

Some of the software works but there are missing features like sound in QuickTime that I can't waste time fighting with. I have to hold off until Monday to see if I can ask a friend to take me to an electronics store.

I wish I could do mail order but it is what it is. I'm a desktop girl when it comes to knocking stuff out. The other reason I have to get a desktop is that the laptop doesn't have a firewire port. I can't get to my stuff. In hindsight, not such a bad problem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment