Monday, September 10, 2007

Thinking About My Aniversary of Blogging

Ice Cream Tombstone

Yep, one of these days I'm going to make with the ashes to ashes and head for astral ground. Or is that astral space? I made this little ditty at Tombstone Generator and even if I could eat Ice Cream there would never be enough time.

This is my blogging/vlogging anniversary of sorts. Years ago I started an e-mail newsletter to keep friend and clients aware of what this thing called the Internet is, how to fix simple computer problems and some of the neat stuff that can be found on the InnerTubes. I wrote monthly.

September 11, 2001 changed my thinking. For me I wanted to connect with folks but also find the tools we all needed and were not necessarily getting from television. Cuz watching the destruction of the Twin Towers over and over again was not helping me.

I wanted to share with folks about how to deal with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. What was Anthrax? Dealing with anger and all of the other topics that were popping up. It was so quiet that day. It was my way of fighting back against the ignorant and the cruel.

If it was my last days on earth I was going to do something in affirmation. Honestly, I didn't think we were going to get to the end of the month.

It was my (and a lot of other people's) way of coping, of doing something positive to counteract the negative. From newsletters to blogging. Then in 2005 I discovered vlogging and that has opened my vision of my world and the people that I have been privileged to meet. Heck of a good time that is constrained by school and the Salt Mine.

It is now 2007. I now have tools I couldn't imaging owning in 1999. Hard drive camcorder, editing software, mp3 players. I can watch videos from around the world. I can't help watch the past fade more and more away.

So here I am. What will the next year bring? Dunno. But for those of us that were unemployed between 2001 and 2004 I'm thinking the secret phrase is "Stock up on can goods not made in China."

No comments:

Post a Comment