Sunday, October 23, 2005

Peace Singing In MacArthur Park

The park was cleaner than I expected.
The water smelled of chlorine but compared to what it use to smell like it was an improvement. I wasn't able to get to the park until the afternoon. A lunch was to be eaten in silence. I've never seen so many people in the park.

As near as I can figure out, in order to have peace in the world you must first be at peace with yourself. Sounds good. In order to find the peace within yourself you must stop fighting and harming yourself with endless mind chatter. No argument there, I intellectually understand.

Young People In Robes Singing

In practice, I got a long way to go before I achieve any form of inner peace without the aid of (legal) pharmaceuticals. I have my moments but I need the special ed version of meditation education.

Not from lack of effort either. You'd think of years of listening to tapes from Dharmaseed, Sounds True and that excellent tape series called Shambala Warrior something would have taken root. Yeah, I'm going to be recycled back here again for sure.

After lunch there was a performance by young folks who I assume belong to the faith or are connected with the organization that planned the event. It was a transition from the quiet of lunch. It was a lovely song, here is a sample of it.

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to have an indication that the image is a video.

    Maybe a link that says, "Watch this video"

    or maybe making hte image look like a video player?

    Markus Sandy sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be right. I have had comments that I think visitors didn't understand that there was a video available.

    Having said that, I don't like the look of the Windows Media Player screen. But I will give it more thought. I am leaning in that direction since I am encouraging newbie vlog viewers to visit. When I get more time (?) I will add descriptive links.

    ReplyDelete