Sunday, July 24, 2005

Here We Are - Nina Paley's Sita Sings The Blues

It has been a long time since I had a flash animation movie I felt worthy of recommendation. Here is one with a twist or two. Take an ancient Indian story and animated it. Then use the music of Annette Hanshaw to tell the tale in what seems to me to be in "Bollywood" fashion.

Got my attention for sure. Read the FAQ's. There is more to the site than the movie. Nina Paley has got a tale to tell. Love found, lost and re-invention. A'int it always the way.

The animation takes about an hour on dial-up but worth it. The proper entrance is http://www.ninapaley.com

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

    ReplyDelete